Received request for personal email and number by guest to fill visa application, is this ok? Any liabilities?

Answered!
Ibrahim225
Level 2
Cairo, Egypt

Received request for personal email and number by guest to fill visa application, is this ok? Any liabilities?

1 Best Answer

Hi @Ibrahim225 

Hope all is well! I hope my message can help you with your question. When dealing with requests from Airbnb guests for personal contact information, such as your email address and phone number, for the purpose of filling out a visa application, it's important to be cautious and you may need to consider the following first:

1. Confirmed Reservation - If the reservation is already confirmed, your guest can provide his/her booking confirmation for visa application. Also, the details here on Airbnb are enough for guests to prove that they booked a stay with you and that you are the host. 

2. Privacy Concerns: Sharing personal contact information can pose privacy risks. You should be mindful of what personal information you share and with whom, especially in an online setting.

Have a great day! 🙂 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just say you're happy to provide your name and listing address @Ibrahim225 

your phone number and address  should be available on their booking confirmation 

I wouldn't give your personal email. 

Thank you Helen.  Where do I find my Airbnb email address?

Kind regards,

Ibrahim

Foad3
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi Helen,
The phone number and email address will be available only 2 days before check-in not at the time of booking. Even though it's been paid and confirmed.

Hi @Ibrahim225 

Hope all is well! I hope my message can help you with your question. When dealing with requests from Airbnb guests for personal contact information, such as your email address and phone number, for the purpose of filling out a visa application, it's important to be cautious and you may need to consider the following first:

1. Confirmed Reservation - If the reservation is already confirmed, your guest can provide his/her booking confirmation for visa application. Also, the details here on Airbnb are enough for guests to prove that they booked a stay with you and that you are the host. 

2. Privacy Concerns: Sharing personal contact information can pose privacy risks. You should be mindful of what personal information you share and with whom, especially in an online setting.

Have a great day! 🙂 

Thank you for your response and support. I will do as recommended.

Kindest regards,

Ibrahim

Foad3
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

It's fine to give an email and phone number. Because they need it for visa applications.

The reason is that the host's phone number and email for privacy reasons is not generally available until 2 days prior to check-in.
So there is no problem.