Removing Blocked Out Dates

Paul6492
Level 1
Brampton, Canada

Removing Blocked Out Dates

I had a guest book and I had to cancel the booking due to COVID situation as guest was coming from overseas.  My calendar is now blocked out and the current guest wishes to extend into that time period, and cant because of the block.  How do i remove the block so my current guests can officially book in?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paul6492  - You really should have let the guest cancel so that your calendar wa not blocked.

Having said that I think it is within the rules to have a private arrangement with the current guest for a 'new stay'.

Alternatively try calling Airbnb but they may only tell you the rules are the rules.

One caveat to what @Mike-And-Jane0  said:  when the official booking ends, Airbnb's coverage for damage and liability no longer applies to the stay. 

Paul6492
Level 1
Brampton, Canada

I cancelled because I was able to as the booking fell under the COVID policy, but now the dates are still blocked.  I called AirBnB, and they said I should be bale to release the dates.  Either way, my current guests are excellent and we will wort it out if Air BnB cant.  I would assume they want the revenue from the booking....