Required Parking Fee

Megan923
Level 1
Dewitt, MI

Required Parking Fee

Our Condo Association voted to increase our parking fee and I want to add it into an "additional fees" category. Our guests get an assigned/covered parking spot with their vacation rental...I am just not sure where I can add the fee and be transparent.  Any help is appreciated!! 

4 Replies 4
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Megan923 

Why not just add to your nightly rate? Make it look like they are getting a Free parking spot,

I have not seen anywhere to add that,

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Megan923  You can probably use the Community Fee that is found under the Additional Charges section of the listing Pricing and Availability.  Then you need to have a sentence in your listing description stating that the Community fee is for the assigned/covered parking spot.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Megan923 I prefer for my listing to be as simple as possible so I would build it into the nightly rate if I were you. If you still prefer to charge it, you would need to make it an additional amenity in your description and send guests an invoice. If you do that, I would recommend communicating this well in advance, perhaps include a blurb with your thank you for booking message.

@Inna22 

We own an apartment so I guess I get charged for parking within the management fees but I would never charge extra for parking, Lots of guest do ask is there free parking,

Airbnb are trying to get away from all these extra charges being added,