Review/ Feedback - **

Kennedy68
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Review/ Feedback - **

** - 'Host' is misleading and ruined my boys holidays! DONT STAY!!

******I strongly advise seeking alternative accommodation*****

We had a lovely holiday planned with some friends in the Christchurch caravan park.  Managed to find an available static caravan… confirmed with the host the dates were available, and received written confirmation too.

That same evening payment was made, only for the transaction to be declined by the host.

Rather confused by this, I rebooked the same caravan for the same available week, only for the transaction to be declined again!

When I quired this with the host I got a very rude and blunt reply- unavailable.

The host has proven to be extremely misleading and has single handedly ruined our holiday.

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing unless posted by a listing owner]

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Kennedy68, I'm sorry to hear about the experience you and your family had.

Did you end up booking another Airbnb for your boys' holidays?

Let us know how it goes.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Kennedy68 Sometimes I go to the grocery store and they're out of the kind of bread I like to buy. Somehow, I've managed to go on. It hasn't ruined my life. 

Granted, a host should not show availability if there isn't any, but perhaps something in your communication set off a red flag, or it could be something as simple as Aunt Mabel called and said she wants to stay in the caravan. 

BTW, if the host was able to decline, then you must have made a request to book rather than having an actual reservation. 

Find another place and move on. Posting publicly in an effort to badmouth the host is kinda uncool. And it's not like you've reached that host's potential booking market.