Review (Guest did not check in - reservation cancelled)

Nischal0
Level 2
Richmond, Australia

Review (Guest did not check in - reservation cancelled)

After 9 years of hosting (mostly super host) in my shared apartment, I’m at wit’s end with Airbnb’s ‘customer service’. A guest was meant to check in at 10pm on Tuesday (booking made a day prior on Monday). I waited till 11.15pm before messaging to see if he had landed and he was on his way. He immediately messaged back to say that he couldn’t work out the time difference and he would arriving on Wednesday instead but at midnight (like Wtaf). He didn’t have the courtesy of informing me when he realised either. I said to him that I could not accommodate him that late the following night and to cancel the reservation. I called Airbnb immediately to advise them of the situation and after 3 phone calls, they managed to get the reservation cancelled and I offered a partial refund which the guest had agreed to. During the process, 2 different Airbnb reps had advised me that the guest would not be able to leave a review if they didn’t stay as it is against their policy. I get a notification today that the guest has left a review. But after calling Airbnb, they now tell me that the review needs to be live (after 14 days) before I can request to have it reviewed. They also are not acknowledging the circumstances which is clearly documented and committing to remove the review without me chasing this up. I don’t know if I’m being unreasonable by expecting them to utilise common sense to sort this out. I’m so close to removing my listing from the platform altogether. Rant over 🥵

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nischal0 the process is automatic and because the guest theoretically checked in they are able to review you. It could be removable for irrelevance as they never saw your place but don't hold your breath.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Nischal0 As Mike-and Jane point out Nischal the review is removable . Just call when it appears ... H