Schlage Lock not Syncing

Natalie1170
Level 2
Hanover, MD

Schlage Lock not Syncing

I'm a Cohost and I recommended that one of my new hosts purchase a Schlage door lock to make check in easier for guests. It has been a great addition to our Airbnb so I usually recommend it. This Host used to use Hospitable to control his bookings and listing, but since we joined his team, it has been removed and the account was closed. For some reason, we are unable to sync the door lock to Airbnb, and it still telling us that another entity is controlling the system. Its been a few weeks now. Airbnb support hasn't been helpful. Has anyone else had this issue? Were you able to resolve it?

2 Replies 2

Hi @Natalie1170 

Some Host's have had issues if the lock is connected to a smart home hub like Apple Home Kit. It may need to be disconnected from the smart home hub before it can be connected to Airbnb. A few other things to check found in Help article below:

Connecting a Smart Lock

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3478

"Some smart home platforms (ex: Apple HomeKit) may interfere with Airbnb's ability to discover your smart lock.

• If you’re having trouble, try disconnecting your smart lock from the smart home platform and then connect to Airbnb again."

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Natalie1170, thank you for bringing this topic to our community!

Have you had a chance to read Joan's suggestion? Is your lock connected to the smart home hub?

Additionally, I suggest using the search bar at the top of our community with some keywords related to your topic. This way, you can find what other Hosts have said about it before.

Here are the conversations related to Schlage Lock.

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad