Search Algorithm

Answered!
John1678
Level 2
Two Harbors, MN

Search Algorithm

My address is listed as Two Harbors MN yet when you search for available properties in Two Harbors I don't come up in the listing. I am listed as being in Castle Danger--which is absurd because "Castle Danger" doesn't even exist on most maps and no body searches for that area. I am located closer to Two Harbors than Castle Danger and my legal address is Two Harbors not Castle Danger.

Since you've made this change my bookings have dropped off--dispite the fact that I've made Superhost status every quarter I've hosted. This is the reward I get?

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@John1678 

I sent you the search link which was generated in the browser after searching as explainded before, so give it try to see if you see your listing is appearing at your side (it's now on nr 5 on page 1 at my side):  http://tinyurl.com/y6om8ymu

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10

@John1678 

I searched for Two Harbors, MN with dates 7 to 10 april (which are shown as available on your listing), and your listing shows up as nr 3 on the first page !

Well that seems odd--everyone I've asked to search for me, and my searches come up empty. I suspect it is because you are searching from another country. So perhaps it lumps the communities closer together. Most of my bookings are from the Mpls, St. Paul area of Minnesota. Anyone from that area reading this thread?

Emiel1
Level 10

@John1678 

I sent you the search link which was generated in the browser after searching as explainded before, so give it try to see if you see your listing is appearing at your side (it's now on nr 5 on page 1 at my side):  http://tinyurl.com/y6om8ymu

Sue286
Level 2
Shady Cove, OR

I have been hosting in the Crater Lake National Park area for three years and have always come up on page one. Now I don't come up at all. Airbnb says it is due to the ever changing algorithms. My booking are down by 2/3. Has anyone else had this issue?