Sharing calendar with co host

Rosie322
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Sharing calendar with co host

I have recently shared just my calendar with my co host (cleaner), however the calendar they see doesn't show the start and end of each guest stay. All they can see are booked dates crossed out. My listing has back-to-back bookings so the cleaner has no idea when the guests arrives and leaves. Is this the same for everyone else? 

4 Replies 4
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Rosie322 ,

Yes, the first level of co-hosting is not useful for me. In addition to everything you mentioned, it doesn’t even provide information about the number of guests or if there is a need for a crib, etc.

I suggest granting your cleaner access to the second level of co-hosting. This will allow them to read messages, see the guest’s name, know how many people are staying, and identify any special requests. However, the nightly price will remain hidden, and the cleaner will not be able to accept or decline bookings. They will still be able to view the process and inquiries, but without seeing the pricing details. It might also be a good idea to ask the cleaner not to respond to or message the guests.

This seems to be the best option available. I wish Airbnb offered another level where a co-host could read messages and get more information about the guests without having the ability to reply.

Rosie322
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your advice Guy. Does the second level also show bookings on the calendar as coloured blocks, like how we can see them?  

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Rosie322 👋

I'm tagging @Guy991 here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

@Rosie322 ,

Yes, it looks the same, just without pricing. The level setting is not permanent—you can always disconnect a co-host or change their level with a click of a button. Consider asking your cleaner to show you how they view the calendar after you sign them up, just to make sure it works the way you want.