Sofas that aren’t sleepers

Answered!
Jennifer3640
Level 3
Phoenix, AZ

Sofas that aren’t sleepers

Hosts, 

I see 2 bed Airbnbs that say they accommodate 6 people. They make no mention of sofa sleepers and have only one bed in each bedroom. 

Can a regular sized sofa that is NOT a sleeper count as a place for one person to sleep?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jennifer3640  I guess anything can count as somewhere to sleep. The key for me is that hosts should be honest with guests as to what they get.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jennifer3640 ,

I have moved your post to a wider board so that more Hosts can notice it and provide their suggestions around this topic.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

thank you! I’m still not clear sometimes where to post my inquiries. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jennifer3640  I guess anything can count as somewhere to sleep. The key for me is that hosts should be honest with guests as to what they get.

Yes agreed. I’ve learned a lot since starting my Airbnb in January 2023 and managing guest expectations up front is critical it seems. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Bhumika @Stephanie Note what @Jennifer3640 just said: "thank you! I’m still not clear sometimes where to post my inquiries.'  A point I just raised in a video chat with someone with  Airbnb. The new 6 subject divisions on the board perhaps can use a bit more work and maybe could stand a more intuitive separation.

To the subject at hand @Jennifer3640,  I am always trying to imagine the logistics of some listings; i.e. 6 guests, 2 bedrooms, 2 beds, 1 bathroom. If kids are involved I guess is doable, but 6 adults -  are they sleeping in different shifts or ?  🙂

Thank you for responding. My rental is a 2/1 with 2 queen beds, and 726 SF so I’m not going to offer my couch as a place to sleep. I was just curious what other host’s thought about it. I was also under the impression that Airbnb required the couch to fold out to a bed in order to advertise it as a sleeping space, which people were violating all over the place. 

Your listing makes perfect logical sense: 4 guests, 2 bedrooms, 2 beds, 1 bath.

But I too have seen so many say: 6/2/2/1 with no mention of coach and have always made me wonder how exactly even having one would work.

Me too! Which is why I wanted to see what experienced hosts say about it. I think hosts will go with what works for them, which is great about this whole program. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Fred13 ,

Thank you for bringing this up. We are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our users, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Internally, we
 are actively looking into ways to make our Community Center more intuitive and user-friendly. I have made sure to relay your feedback to the team as well.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are interested in the property you can message the host and check @Jennifer3640 

Hi Helen

Thank you for replying. i am a host. I just wanted to see how or if other hosts market a couch/sofa that does not pull out to a bed.