Star ratings from guests

Margaret253
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Star ratings from guests

I have mentioned this several times now.  What good are ratings when you have no idea why you are getting a 3* INSTEAD OF A 5*. Ratings are only  useful if you can rectify the issues.  I have no idea why I received a 3* for Accuracy when I have always had 5*'s.  How can someone downgrade you because there is a heatwave when no air-conditioning was advertised.  A fan was provided and the whole nation suffered from the unexpected and abnormal heatwave.  Downgraded also because they did not know how to use the shower.  I was always available to be asked.  A 4* for cleanliness when others have said my place is squeaky clean.  Where was it not clean?  Ratings are absolutely useless if you don't know why they are given especially when you are used to getting 5*s

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Margaret253 Just one thought that you may have sorted by now. There are several reviews where  you have responded to guests private review comments. This just exposes issues that don't need exposing.

Also one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter - My point. is we all have different views as to what is acceptable regarding cleanliness.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  However about the reply in question.  er The person gave me a 3 rating for accuracy and have no idea why.  We had a heatwave of 30 degrees and complaints about the room being too hot is ridiculous  as a fan was provided and downgrading me for that as well.  Cleanliness is not a matter which can be ignored as every surface is cleaned and yes it is squeaky clean.  I wish I knew where the dust was as it will stay there because one should be told so as to rectify this.  I did not think I had replied to a private review but one which is seen by other potential bookers.  

It is about time that criticisms are defined so that the problem can be rectified otherwise it will continue to be a problem .