Technical issue with measuring WiFi speed?

Answered!
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Technical issue with measuring WiFi speed?

Is anybody else having trouble measuring their WiFi speed?

I recently upgraded to faster WiFi, so I have to edit the WiFi in my listing. I select the WiFi amenity for editing and then tap "test again", but it tells me to add my WiFi details (which should already be there). When I try to add the details again, I get two fields (network name and password), but no dropdown menu appears, and I cannot type in the boxes. I never had this problem before. I tried to edit it on the website instead, but it looks like one can only do the test using the mobile app. I have re-installed my mobile app, but I'm still stuck with 2 un-editable boxes. Has anyone had this problem and solved it, or is it just me?

1 Best Answer
Shelley159
Top Contributor

Hi @Debra300 

I agree one doesn't want to raise expectations if there are possible issues 🙂 So far so good. Like @Marie8425 I also found that the Airbnb test (back when it was working!) was a bit conservative, so hopefully that helps.

Customer support said that engineers were already aware by the time I reported it to Airbnb. But I checked again during today's guest turnover and the test is unfortunately still not working. Hopefully soon.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Shelley159
Top Contributor

An update to my question above: I contacted M-Lab and got this reply (the problem seems to affect other hosts as well):

Hi Shelley,

The Airbnb app makes use of the open M-Lab platform, but M-Lab does not manage or maintain the app. If you're having an issue with the app, you'll need to reach out to Airbnb directly. For what it's worth, a few days ago we got a similar email from another Airbnb user, so it looks like you are not alone. Hopefully Airbnb support can help you out.

(I reported it to Airbnb just now.)
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Shelley159 , thank you for sharing about it with us. Is there any update so far about this issue as you seem to have already reported it to Airbnb? This surely seems like an unusual bug.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Shelley159
Top Contributor

Hi @Bhumika 

It's not working yet (today), but it sounds like they are working on it. I assume that it affects all listings, so hopefully it will be fixed soon!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing @Shelley159 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Shelley159,

Is your internet speed consistently in the same range?  We've had internet service from the cable company and now have fiber, but the speeds still vary depending upon the usage in our area and distance from the router.  As a result, we don't post an internet speed because there isn't any guarantee that bandwidth will always be available whenever the guest uses the internet.

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

I had internet and recently updated to  fiber.  I  am in a residential are and I use the Airbnb tested speed.   For me it has been  pretty  consistent..  II  check  about 1 a  month.   Airbnb app I   think says 483 but my husband says 500  haha.  I leave the lower number

Shelley159
Top Contributor

Hi @Debra300 

I agree one doesn't want to raise expectations if there are possible issues 🙂 So far so good. Like @Marie8425 I also found that the Airbnb test (back when it was working!) was a bit conservative, so hopefully that helps.

Customer support said that engineers were already aware by the time I reported it to Airbnb. But I checked again during today's guest turnover and the test is unfortunately still not working. Hopefully soon.