Temporary deactivation consequences

Philip3708
Level 1
Bergen, Norway

Temporary deactivation consequences

My ad was recently deactivated after two guests who in their eyes had trouble with checking in, (although I was in contact with them and guided them to my keybox) gave me 2/5 stars for these costly 5 minutes. My overall rating is now only at 4.4, but I have reservations throughout July, and the first two weeks of August. 

What are the consequences of a deactivation, and if the ad somehow is shut down for good what happens to the payment/refund towards the guests who have already booked? 

2 Replies 2
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Basically how it used to work is every time you got a 3 star review or less you got a week suspension if the overall rating for your listing is low like yours. 

During that time your listing is suspended but your existing reservations can continue.

It's in your best practice to avoid getting 3 star reviews (or lower) at all cost as they reveal real issues with your listing. 

There is a recently added policy that if you pile up listing issues before they expire, then your listing could be shut down as well. First time it's 1 week, then it's 1 month, then it's shut down AFAIK. This is regardless of your overall rating as a host or the listing itself. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Philip3708, I hope everything is going well!

Zheng has provided a very detailed explanation. Have you had the opportunity to read it? I'm also sharing here a few articles that can offer some additional insights.

Please keep us posted when you have the chance to read these.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad