The Flexible platform has eliminated my monthly stay exclusive listings from Search! Views data reduced to zero.

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

The Flexible platform has eliminated my monthly stay exclusive listings from Search! Views data reduced to zero.

Since the launch of this flexible platform with its Anytime Anymonth search system my 2 guesthouse listings, which I only rent monthly since the pandemic hit, have disappeared from the platform and not seen in searches. View data proves this factcrashed to zero.  It took me a whole month of vacancy starting Dec. 18  and continued until  Feb. 1 when a guest input the specific dates she wanted and booked my Parkside Crash Pad. Then the light bulb went off.  I  then tested the flexible functions and discovered that the program totally eliminates both my listings from search discovery  " when searching from a computer".  When i search from my  Apple  Iphone or Ipad  they both appear in search results. 

I have deduced that the programing for the flex thing is geared to discover holes in calendars which it can fill in with a Weekend or Week or Month of vacant time. Only those properties  are presented- along with the dates it found for the search requested. It shows you those dates. ONLY.

The difference with the Devices is that they do not show those dates available in holes in calendars.  When I search my devices all I put is my city, click Monthly Stays  and both listings show up !  Devices compress and abbreviate data so my listings are not eliminated because it does pull dates.

My business exploded when I went monthly after COVID hit and I have never looked back. Last year occupancy 93% going monthly only. I can only imagine a lot of other hosts have done the same thing. 

Please I beg Airbnb to study the occupancy data of the supper high occupancy listings from 2021, to 2022 now. Not also data of December 2021 when the Flexible was launched.  

And the very idea of renting an Airbnb for a monthly rental works perfectly for the gig economy worker, the  remote on-line worker, medical travel nurses, etc. So why did they remove the Monthly Filter? It captured that huge market perfectly. Most guests rent for more than one month!

Now all that is destroyed.  I remember when they took away the Monthly search bubble.  I complained about it then. Was told people can just put in a search for the dates they want .  It does not work that way. When searching for a place to rent monthly they think the word Monthly is showing properties that rent monthly-literally. 

THIS IS URGENT.  I have reported this entire mess to Airbnb weeks ago. Nothing is happening. How can they not realize they just killed the cash cow that saved thousands of Hosts from going broke by going Monthly all last year.  All because some bone head geek  thinks of filling holes in calendars is a way to make more money???

Airbnb occupancy rates are at 11% right now according Airbnb Automated.  My occupancy of 93% is probably the same for my fellow Monthly Hosts.prior to  Dec. 2021. 

We need for Airbnb to restore the Monthly Platform  right now.  Not only restore but promote it as a new way for Hosts to succeed and prosper by going monthly .  The world  of travel and housing and work has changed. 

Airbnb was sitting on its greatest idea because it accommodates the change. It serves the change.  And it solves  COVID issues !

Susan
16 Replies 16
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Emiel1 for the win. You are very smart and helpful, especially with these kind of issues, @Emiel1 

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Thank you for clarifying this issue. However, I think you are missing my point about crafting my entire ABB business to specifically serve the monthly / long term stay Market.  It is impossible to serve both at the same time and be successful. Creating a successful  monthly property requires that the unit be stocked, supplied, serviced in  unique ways top to bottom. The listing must tailor every part in special ways. And then with the ability to 'nightly rent the gap' this makes for incredible occupancy rates.

Every property does not lend itself to this application, but if you know your place will serve that lodging need and you do all the things that make it a place to Live&Work  it is golden.  When the monthly stay filter was first created ABB even tutored on this subject in detail. And I jumped in right away because I have guesthouses. So when COVID hit I was already geared up to serve the market it created.

The ABB  users were totally locking into this market and they also got right away the difference between "allowing long term stays" properties were a world away from the " 28 days minimum stays" listings. Two different  lodging products.

Susan