Translating foreign language reviews

Andrew497
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

Translating foreign language reviews

Previously it was easy to copy paste text in a foreign language from the email AirBNB sends after a guest leaves their review. Now you only get the personal notes.
It is impossible to copy the review text from the mobile app, making it very cumbersome to actually figure out what our guest wrote. In this case it was particularly annoying because it a rare 4 star review on this listing and the review was in Korean 😆

I resorted to doing a screenshot on my iPhone, copying the text from there (great new iOS feature!) and then google translate.

This should be easier 🙂

2 Replies 2
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Andrew497 

I'll do my best to pass your feedback about this along, but in the meantime, thanks so much for letting everyone know there's a workaround.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Jenny thanks! In the meantime I discovered that I could read the translated reviews on my profile as the profile page has the „translate“ button.

However, it would be great to have easier access to the translation via a similar feature directly on the booking where you first read the review and see the stars ️ or in the email.

Not sure why we now only get the private feedback in the email, hardly anyone ever leaves it (in our case).