Urgent Help: Listing Unlisted Unfairly

Urgent Help: Listing Unlisted Unfairly

Dear Airbnb Community and Support Team,

I am writing to express my extreme frustration and disappointment with the handling of an issue that has severely impacted my hosting experience. Despite being a Superhost for nearly a year, my listing has been unlisted since March 25th due to an unfair guest complaint, and I have been unable to get any meaningful support from Airbnb.

The Issue:
A guest booked with me and repeatedly covered my (disclosed) outdoor front door Ring camera. This behavior violates my house rules, and after I informed her of this, she retaliated by falsely accusing me of having cameras inside the property and left a 1 star review full of every lie you could think of. I then received emails titled, "Your listing is at risk of being temporarily suspended" and shortly after, it got unlisted and the AirBnB representative didn't even care to investigate or ask me my side of things, it just got unlisted.

Support Attempts:
Since March 25th, I have contacted Airbnb support more than six times. However, I have only received frustrating and useless responses, such as:

"This case is closed. Still need help? Contact us."
&
"We noticed you have another open case thread with us. To avoid confusion, we'll close this thread and support you on the other."
None of these responses provided any real assistance, and my support requests were repeatedly closed without follow-up or resolution.

Current Situation:
In my recent attempts to contact support, I was told it was a technical issue on airbnb's side and that the engineers are working on solving it. Everytime I try to re-list it, I get this message "Please identify your US state by its two letter abbreviation." and whenever I'd try to do that, changing 'Texas' as 'TX', I'd get this error message, "You can't change your listing's address once you've started receiving reservation requests. If you need to make an update, please contact support.". I contacted Hostaway in case it was a connection issue and they said, "I confirmed the listing appears to be correct from Hostaway, and there are no recent API errors found, however, for some reason, it was unpublished on Airbnb:" and "This address was set directly on Airbnb, this is not changeable from Hostaway".

Impact:
The long-term stay at my unit ends tomorrow, May 29th, and I have zero upcoming bookings due to my listing being unlisted for over two months. This has caused significant financial loss, and I am at my wit's end trying to get this resolved.

Final Plea:
Words cannot express my disappointment with the lack of support despite my dedication and excellent hosting track record. This is my last attempt to seek help from Airbnb. I urge the support team or anyone in the community who can assist to please look into this matter urgently.

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Zakaria74 , How are you? I had a look at your Airbnb profile and seems like you've got multiple listings and all of them look active at the moment. Did you manage to get this resolved after contacting the Customer Support team? Please keep our Community updated if possible 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhumika, thanks for your message.

Correct, I managed to get the listing up again. I called one last time and was helped by an airbnb rep who solved the issue within a few minutes by changing the State from Texas to TX internally with my permission. I'm relieved my listing is back to being live but I'm quite frustrated that a 2 minute fix could have been done from the beginning rather than making me wait 2 months with no support. Definitely hurt my business. I hope Airbnb re-imburses me for this horrible experience and internal mishap.