VRBO Calendar Sync Blocking Issues

Elena2895
Level 1
Gibsons, Canada

VRBO Calendar Sync Blocking Issues

I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else and if they have figured out a fix.

I currently have my Airbnb and VRBO calendars synced. My issue is that when I get a booking on VRBO it tells Airbnb to Block the dates rather than saying it's a VRBO booking. Then VRBO looks at the Airbnb Calendar and sees the blocked dates and tells me I have a conflict on VRBO. So basically VRBO is creating its own conflict. 

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks

17 Replies 17
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I have encountered the same thing, for years. Why I have the VRBO calendar follow the one in Airbnb and simply double check manually when I get a booking .

Hi!

Just started having the problem mentioned above by other hosts this month? Curious it never happened before? I'm wondering if it happened in June when calendar syncing went awry with all the Calendar software changes?  My Vrbo calendar suddenly stopped syncing with Airbnb and I had to manually re-set? Other hosts saying their Google calendars off by one day?  @Paula, @Bhumika have you heard anything on this? Wondering if this should be passed along to Airbnb department dealing with Calendar issues? Screen shot is showing conflict on Vrbo created by importing calendar to Airbnb. It seems strange that it only shows the conflict on the second day of the 3night reservation on Vrbo?

Vrbo Calendar Sync Conflict.png

Fred, do you just export your Airbnb Calendar to Vrbo and not your Vrbo calendar to Airbnb? If so, do you ever get double booked because you are only syncing Airbnb to Vrbo and not Vrbo to Airbnb? 

I'm getting a bit sea sick just thinking about it 😀

Thanks!

No double bookings yet @Joan2709. Since I get so few VRBO bookings and they do let me know when one occurs, I play the odds that a VRBO booking happens and at the same time an Airbnb occurs for the same dates. So far so good, till further notice.

Thanks Fred!  Good to know!

Do you have a day’s forward notice setting in your Airbnb booking window? If so, Airbnb will block the calendars for that one day. 

I've now spoken with both vrbo and airbnb tech support and both of them blame the other for the issue. I don't know what to do other than just grin and bear the baffling (and new) behavior

Luke-and-Jackie0
Level 2
Southwest Harbor, ME

@Elena2895 I'm having this exact same issue. I've deleted both calendars and re-imported them from Airbnb to VRBO and visa versa.... no luck. VRBO's calendar does not show a conflict... just shows a date is reserved by Airbnb.

But Airbnb's calendar will look a VRBO's calendar that is saying Airbnb has blocked a date, then think there is a conflict with it's own booking. Irritating. It did not used to do this. I've been syncing the calendars since 2015 with no issues like this until 2023

we have always synced both airbnb to VRBO and VRBO to Airbnb, hadn't had any issues until recently.

Joe253
Level 1
Aptos, CA

I am having the same issue?  Any fixes?

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Elena2895 its like feed back . You only need to sync one way not both. The Vrbo calendar will sync with the Airbnb calendar only once in 24 hours , and if you see a Vrbo booking come up check manually yourself... H

I'm having the same trouble as Elena has. This is the first I've heard that syncing in one direction only is sufficient. So, do you export from Airbnb to VRBO or the other way around?

Aileen130
Level 2
Alyth, United Kingdom

Do you have a 1, 3 or 7 day warning set up in your booking window? If so, Airbnb will block these days on their calendar which will then appear on the Vrbo calendar as a conflict if Vrbo has already booked these dates for their traveller. I just learn to live with the rolling conflict as I have a 7 day warning set up on Airbnb. 

every vrbo booking now shows up as a conflict when I sync it with airbnb. remove the link, the conflict disappears. add the link back--conflict

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 5.28.39 PM.png

Hi, we’re having this issue now. It started with Jan 2024. Did this ever get solved?