Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

Top Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Top Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Jeanette31
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi

I have been having the same issue, I don't have gmail, facebook linkedin so I uploaded a video and nothing ! I had an email from Airbnb telling me I had only several hours left to verify to then secure my booking!

So I decided to open a gmail account, this took 2 min and instantly i was verified and my booking confirmed. Why i needed to open a gmail account I do not know but it worked.

Donna148
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

HI, I'm having the same problem, would you please let me know what I can do to complete the verification using the Facebook account?

Bryan40
Level 1
Nicosia

My potential guest is elderly and is having problems with the verification process. She has no idea how to upload her driver's licence nor make a video.  Is there a more simple verifiction process for those among us who are not techno-savvy?

This is a very valuable 10-day booking for me and i don't want to lose it due to my guest not being able to  be verified.

All advice welcome 🙂

Jo115
Level 1
Winchester, United Kingdom

Any answers to this verification problem with Facebook?

Justine41
Level 2
Ripponden, United Kingdom

It seems the verification process is a nightmare. I dont use social media platforms so tried on 2 occasions to verify using the videa. The first time last October it failed so I was unable to book. Am just trying again for next week. The video is there but there doesnt appear to be anyone in the team to be able to verify. Where are all the help telephone numebrs or email contacts?

Has anyoine els been able to verify using the video?

Vince17
Level 2
Lehighton, PA

I'm trying to book a vactaion house but I need to be verified. I did the last step of making a video but my video needs to be watched by the website to get me verified. How long will this take? I only have so many hours until my request expires.

Hi I have to make a booking for Catford tomorrow but I forgot that I've been unable to verify 

My identity for the life of me for the last 2 months! Could you please help me? Thanks eva

Alexander122
Level 1
Bielefeld, Germany

It's really a mess, I don't understand why they are doing that! I spent so much time with the verification, I made three or four webcam videos (since I don't have a facebook or any of the other "social media" accounts). They write that "within few hours" they will check the video, yet they simply don't. They told my host that verification can take up to 24 hours, but the verification process automatically ceases after 12 hours. Also, shortly before it ceases I receive an email in which they write: "If you have questions, simply reply to this email", but when I reply I immediately receive this message: "Please do not reply. Unfortunately, this automated email notification is unable to receive replies." I've read from others that they experienced exame the same problem, even years ago (so it seems to be more than just a mistake).

It is absolutely impossible to contact airbnb and ask for help. I booked two times now, and finally the special offer from my host ceased because airbnb did not verify.

@Jeanette0 from UK: Thank you for the tip with connecting to gmail. It seems to be the way to go, for just after I connected it worked!

Julie412
Level 2
New Zealand

I haven't used airbnb since last year and have spent an hour of my life trying to get this ridiculous verification process. I gave up and cancelled the booking only to find they had had the cheek to charge me already. No doubt it will cost me with conversion rates. 

I will just use other sites now, load of nonsense as they have my credit card details....another scam.

Ianah-Nicolle0
Level 1
Upper Canada Village, Canada

How long does is take to complete a verification for my profile because I could not contact nor reply to the host of the place I want?

Hi , I gave up trying after I kept getting told to try again to verify. It was a shame as the Host lost out on a booking. I eventually just went to Booking.com .. more expensive but reliable and professional . I have the address for my host and will go and see them and let them know why they lost 4 days money. I have used Airbnb and have hreat references from my hosts so they can take their verification nonsense as I won't waste time on them again. They did charge my credit card for the booking I never got and said it will take 5 days to reimburse me . I think it's scam as while everyones money is sitting in the bank account of Airbnb they will gain interest on it...

Gwendoline-Kelly0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello, I am joining the list of people who are missing out on applying for accommodation as I cannot get verified. I also am about to forget about using Airbnb.

I made a video but it is not being accepted.  My link to Facebook was not accepted either.

i have had my drivers license accepted.

Frustrated can anyone help.

Zuzana8
Level 2
Malacky, Slovakia

Hi, I had the same problem with the verification, because of that problem, i might lose the second pre aproved house.

It is getting really frustrating! I send in photo of my  ID and also recorded video...still 1  step is missing to complete the booking process.

I really need quick help here.

Thank you, zuzana

Andra4
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

Hello!

I also have a problem with the verification: I uploaded my ID and since I am not active on Facebook, Google or Linkedin I uploaded a short video for it to be seen by the verification team. I haven't been verified yet. I would like to book something and don't have much time left until I lose the flat I wanted. Can you support me on that?

best,

Andra