Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Arie3
Level 1
Israel

I spent half hour w/o success to pass the verification. I insert phone Number I got a message with code input the code and I got error. After ten minutes I closed it. Terrible.

this **bleep**ty service drives me nuts, what a stupidly wrong **bleep** they did. I can't proceed with verification because "no facebook activity" and what I should do about that? 

I had a very guttural negative reaction to being asked to submit an image of my driver's license to a private company "for security purposes."  This is completely unprecedented, even among most banks, and I think it is a bad idea.  I know I, personally, am planning not to use airbnb from here forward, because I simply don't like the idea of giving out my ID image to a private company. I hope that airbnb relaxes this requirement, but until they do, they have lost me as a customer.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Greg68 do you realize how what you are saying sounds like in the ears of a host ?

I mean, do you want to stay in some people's house ? Safely ? 

Lizzy5
Level 1
New York, NY

I also had this same problem.

Julian55
Level 1
Hollywood, FL

I need help verifying my id, i have my facebook account connected but the system says it is not good, and does not provide any further assistance. Unfortunately I dont have a google, linkedin or amex account. Are there any other options? I need help

Robert276
Level 1
Vermont, United States

I am having the same problem...AirB&B not accepting Facebook verification. What gives?

Melany1
Level 1
Australia

I also have trouble with airbnb verifications. I am already a member of airbnb and have booked a few places in the past with no problems.

Hello  @Lizzie

I am having the same problem when verifying with my facebook account. Please help me out and time is running out for my booking.

Judith85
Level 1
Salamanca, Spain

Hi!

This is happening to me too.

I can't check my facebook account because there was'nt enough activity and I have to fly this week.

How can I fix that? I don't have gmail or likedin and the video recorder gets stuck.

Thank you!

Lemmo0
Level 1
Estonia

I have same problem. 

We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification.

What should i do?  I really need help

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lemmo0@Tracy1 and @Judith85,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with this. As this is directly linked to your personal Airbnb profile, I am afraid you will need to contact the Airbnb Support Team so that they can look into your account further. Here is a useful Community Contact Guide (created by a host here in the CC) which states a number of different ways to do this. 

I hope you get this resolved as soon as possible and Tracy you are able to go ahead with you booking. 

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Everything works now. I just made Gmail account.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Well done @Lemmo0 !! That's the good stuff

Hi

I am having problems getting verified so cannot proceed to make bookings which is rather frustrating.  In fact I had a reservation cancelled automatically for lack of verification.

My email address, phone number, driver's licence have all been verified.  My FB profile does not seem to be.  I don't have a LinkedIn or gmail account.  I have even recorded a video and still no verification.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Serena