Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Working with a co-host

Answered!

Working with a co-host

I am interested in using a co-host.  They want to setup a new profile.  Will a loose my superhost status if I use them? Do I have to freeze my account?  What is the best way to do this?

Top Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Chukwudi3 please be careful. Some less scrupulous property managers insist on being the host and sometimes allow the owner to be the co host. Sadly this means that it is then very difficult to change property managers as they control the account and if they go any reviews go with them.

Far better is to have you as the host and any manager/helper as the co host. Of course they may rail against this.......

Also do get a contract signed that specifies what happens during the arrangement and crucially what happens when the arrangement comes to an end.

Now to answer your question:

If they set up a new profile you will need to delete or snooze your listing. You will lose your superhost status once the 12 month period doesnt have enough stays for you to keep it.

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Chukwudi3 please be careful. Some less scrupulous property managers insist on being the host and sometimes allow the owner to be the co host. Sadly this means that it is then very difficult to change property managers as they control the account and if they go any reviews go with them.

Far better is to have you as the host and any manager/helper as the co host. Of course they may rail against this.......

Also do get a contract signed that specifies what happens during the arrangement and crucially what happens when the arrangement comes to an end.

Now to answer your question:

If they set up a new profile you will need to delete or snooze your listing. You will lose your superhost status once the 12 month period doesnt have enough stays for you to keep it.

@Mike-And-Jane0 thank you for the response.  I really appreciate the info. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Absolutely don't do this . I'm a cohost and would never ask a host to set the listing up under my name. @Chukwudi3 

Any decent cohost will agree to be added to your listing as a cohost . 

there is no advantage to you to allow the cohost to do this and lots of disadvantages. 

Thankyou @Helen3.  I already have a system and just want to someone to manage the optimize the listing. 

Doris474
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

Hello, My name is Doris, I live in Lagos, and I have recently completed a short-term rental training program as a co-host. I am writing to express my interest in the possibility of interning with you.

I am open to discussing the terms of this potential collaboration and would welcome the opportunity to explore how I can contribute to your rental venture.

I would be glad if my proposition is considered