listing

Answered!
Carol-And-Tim0
Level 2
Kinsale, Ireland

listing

Hi everyone,

we have our property up with a few weeks now and i have noticed that when i search our area and capacity that our property is not coming up on the first page, in fact houses outside of our area are showing up before our own! 

are we missing something here?

Top Answer

Hi @Carol-And-Tim0 

Just checked and looks like you corrected your number of bedrooms and bathrooms 👍.  However, your price is much higher than your competition. Price is one of the key factors in the search algorithm placement. Right now you should be 20-25% less than similar listings until you get some bookings under your belt. Take a look at similar listings and adjust your price. You should see your listing then show higher in search results.

View Top Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Carol-And-Tim0 Airbnb likes to control its host by search engine placement. If you do not have instant Book enabled and a nice cheap price Airbnb may well drop you lower in the search engine. In my experience the best way to get higher in the search listings is to take bookings (but clearly there is a catch 22 here!)

Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

@Carol-And-Tim0 

@Mike-And-Jane0 

I agree that consistent bookings seem most important in moving listings up in the search results. I wish that Airbnb was transparent regarding how their algorithm works and was affected. Of course, hosts would benefit greatly from this understanding. My listing usually comes up first, but will randomly disappear all together. It can be incredibly frustrating!  

PS, I just searched Kinsale March 1-7 and found your listing as the 98th one, and it appeared on page 6. I did notice that it was the most expensive listing that I saw, and I also

noticed, as you mentioned, that many listings that came up prior to yours were not in Kinsale. Once you get some bookings and reviews that should help you move up in the search results. 

Kent257
Level 2
Dallas, TX

@Carol-And-Tim0 

Please share you listing link. 

@Mike-And-Jane0

is completely correct. Your listings first few weeks on the platform are critical. if you do not hit the targets for the algorithm, you will never make it to the front page. It might be worth relisting the property under new listing. It’s very simple to do just duplicate the listing, but change the wording some photos make it different before you go live. Here are some other must haves To ensure your property receives great Airbnb SEO. 

looks of high quality photos

descriptions in photos

accessibility descriptions

does your title follow the recommend guidelines 

(quality of listing) 

**[Content edited in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

how do i share my listing? 

thanks for the feedback everyone 

Carol-And-Tim0
Level 2
Kinsale, Ireland

Hi @Carol-And-Tim0 

Welcome!  The first thing I noticed is you don't have your bedrooms and bathrooms listed correctly?  "Studio" means no separate bedrooms, and it shows "0" bathrooms. Go into Rooms & Spaces and correct the number of bedrooms and add your bathroom info as soon as you can. That might help you get some bookings. 

Joan2709_2-1707658605797.png

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Carol-And-Tim0

Lots of advice here! Did anything in particular stand out that supported you best? 

If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

If you need any help, just shout. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Carol-And-Tim0 

Just checked and looks like you corrected your number of bedrooms and bathrooms 👍.  However, your price is much higher than your competition. Price is one of the key factors in the search algorithm placement. Right now you should be 20-25% less than similar listings until you get some bookings under your belt. Take a look at similar listings and adjust your price. You should see your listing then show higher in search results.

Deborah1478
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Same here!