AirBnbetrayed AGAIN

Anthony1092
Level 10
San Diego, CA

AirBnbetrayed AGAIN

Well  @Airbnb you’ve done it again.  Instead of recognizing that your EC policy was a terrible idea, you’ve decided to double down.

But this time, you’ve included a huge PR stunt to pretend like you’re giving something to us.  When in reality, you’re stealing 75% of the cancellation fee we agreed to with guests.  

By the way, I’ve been sending a message to all my guests who were getting 50% refunds explaining the situation that the hosts were in.  They all were very understanding.  So basically what I’m saying is STOP INTERFERING WITH THE AGREEMENTS BETWEEN THE HOSTS AND THE GUESTS.  

If YOU want to give refunds, feel free.  Brian Chesky is worth several Billion dollars right now.  He’s more than able to take HIS money and go right ahead and give it to the guests if he wants.  This could easily have been done by Airbnb issuing travel credits similar to what they give hosts for referrals.  I’m sure you guys considered that, and quickly dismissed it when you realized how expensive it would be for you to do.  So instead you thought, I’ve got the hosts pretty much out on ledge.  I can do whatever they want to them.

You probably have people who estimated the backlash from angry hosts and decided that it made more financial sense to anger the hosts and deal with the fallout.

And one last thing, stop saying your EC decision is a public health decision.  It’s not.  It’s a financial choice you made.  You could have had the same result if YOU paid the refunds (if you so chose).  

1 Reply 1
Catherine2252
Level 8
Toulon, France