Global listening sessions schedule for Week of March 30

Airbnb
Official Account

Global listening sessions schedule for Week of March 30

Hi everyone, 

Last week, we held another series of global listening sessions to hear your recommendations, and give you another way to directly connect with us and one another. You’ve told us these listening sessions are helpful, and we’d love the chance to hear from more of you, too, so we are offering additional sessions this week. 

The listening sessions are a way for you and other hosts to come together and directly share your best ideas and feedback on how we can support you. The conversations we have with hosts will inform how Airbnb leaders around the company build new programs and services to help hosts. We hope you’ll join us. 

Here’s the schedule :

Wednesday, April 1

(Washington D.C.) English language listening session at 4:00PM EST. Meeting registration link here 

Caribbean & Central America Spanish language listening session at 6:30PM EST. Meeting registration link here

Thursday, April 2

Czech language listening session at 4:00PM CET. Meeting registration link here

Korean language listening session 6:30PM KRT. Meeting registration link here

(Boston) English language listening session at 4:00PM EST. Meeting registration link here

Caribbean & Central America English language listening session at 5:00PM EST. Meeting registration link here

Friday, April 3

Korean language listening session 10:00AM KRT - Meeting registration link here 

(South Africa) English language listening session at  4:00 PM CET. Meeting registration link here

(Toronto) English language listening session at 5:00PM EST. Meeting registration link here

(Seattle) English language listening session at 3:00PM PST. Meeting registration link here

(Miami) English language listening session at 5:00PM EST. Meeting registration link here

Instructions for attending the meeting: 

• Please register for the meeting directly in the meeting links below (instructions to join a zoom meeting here).
  • Due to system limitations, this will be on a first come first serve basis. Registration will close 24 hours before the call. 

Thanks so much again to all of the hosts who joined. You’ve told us these listening sessions are helpful, and we’d love the chance to hear from more of you, too, so we’ll be offering additional sessions in the coming weeks. 

In the meantime, if you’d like to connect with other hosts about COVID-19, visit our dedicated Community Center board, which we’ll continue to monitor for more helpful feedback.

Thank you

6 Replies 6
Marina1314
Level 1
Richmond, VA

AirBNB is planning on going public and will make billions. Many of us survive on monthly hosting fees, in my case we had to close so I am in a zerom revenue and zero income situation. The $5K grants will help, but only help 2,000 of us (out of the estimated 400,000). This is a drop in the bucket.  I am over 60 yeas old so am not going to open my home up to guests for the foreseeable future. If we are partners then airbnb should have had insurance to protect us and needs to add it in the future, and should make superhosts shareholders so at least we can make up for our loses in the IPO.

Risha0
Level 2
New York, NY

Ye si agree I was a super host and of course all of a sudden I a deemed not ...regardless I have had my listings with them for 9 years in greats tanding and now I will not be given the 5000 because of one cancellation in january or whatever...they make billions off of us and they charge the guets extra costs ontop of pours so,.... they are making much more money

Gary-and-Katie1
Level 3
Scotland, United Kingdom

If only they actually, really, really listened to hosts....

Sue757
Level 2
Stewart Island, NZ

Is it possible to create a register of those who wish to stay at some future date once travel restrictions have eased? i.e. people can make enquires for future dates and if those dates become available potential guest can be contacted to confirm reservation no penalties applicable to guests or host if they decline?

@Sue757  Any guest can send you an Inquiry for future dates. Why would you need a registry? If you get such Inquiries, just message the inquirer back, saying you aren't taking any bookings until the COVID situation becomes clearer and that you'll message them again to see if they're still interested when things get back to normal. You don't need to either pre-approve or decline and inquiry, just message back.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Airbnb  Hosts don't need Airbnb to "listen", we need Airbnb to hear, and act on our recommendations and ideas.

It seems these listening sessions are just a PR stunt to give hosts the impression that Airbnb actually cares what we think, since Airbnb just goes ahead and does whatever it wants to, regardless of what you've "listened" to.