Airbnb COVID-19 related media coverage

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb COVID-19 related media coverage

Hello, I thought I would start this thread for people who are interested in reading any media coverage specifically related to Airbnb and the COVID-19 pandemic. It might be useful to have these in one place for people to browse.

collection-newspapers.jpg

I'll start this off with an article a Canadian host sent to me today, which might be of interest especially to Toronto based hosts: https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contributors/2020/03/31/covid-19-could-mark-the-end-of-torontos-airb...

Please feel free to post links to other relevant articles you have found (but try not to post duplicates if possible) and to comment away!

91 Replies 91
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

* Methods used to come up with the 2 metre rule for Social Distancing or for sneezing or coughing don't include the use of  Handkerchief or tissues.

Indeed the recent Academic papers available suggest a rather "odd" method where the forced use of water has been used to establish how far droplets can travel and not the common sense natural sneezing or coughing droplets a human being creates & does.

it's unknown if the researchers were drunk & disorderly at the time...

Rodney11
Level 9
Toronto, Canada