Airbnb Support Overriding Cancellation Policy

Airbnb Support Overriding Cancellation Policy

I’ve had a cancellation that was made before the Covid cancellation policy came into place. According to the Airbnb notification sent to me, guest will only get 50% refund. 
However, Airbnb support person wants to override this and change this cancellation into a full refund, which I feel is unfair and biased. I would accept it if the cancellation happened when the policy is in place, but the cancellation happened before that and I’ve already been notified that it will be a 50% refund, not a full refund.
I’ve been arguing with the support person but it’s hopeless. 

4 Replies 4
Julie3615
Level 1
Oak Park, IL

I had strick cancellation policy in placed. a guest booked on 09/28/2020 to reserve my luxury king bedroom for 4 nights arrive on 11/05/2020. Airbnb support team override my cancellation rules and cancelled on 11/03/2020 give guest full refund without talk to me.

I felt being robbed  by them.

(I am a widower with two miner children need to feed, I need to money to pay for the mortgage and bills, how I am able to trust Airbnb in the future? there is no fair and no rules. they can find COVID 19 as excuses for any cancellations and override any rules they created here.)

I guess airbnb is getting far less supportive to hosts, I had a cancelation by a guest that actually checked into my place, slept with the family, asked my property administrator for a cot, despite my cancelation policy being strict, 22 days after, and I haven’t seen a cent of the c.a EUR1000 I am entitled. Anyone to suggest me some course of action?

Marcos191
Level 2
Florianópolis, Brazil

I was never contacted by airbnb to discuss the case, and it only drags on an on, I guess airbnb is getting far less supportive to hosts, I had a cancelation by a guest that actually checked into my place, slept with the family, asked my property administrator for a cot, despite my cancelation policy being strict, 22 days after, and I haven’t seen a cent of the c.a EUR1000 I am entitled. Anyone to suggest me some course of action?

Marcos191
Level 2
Florianópolis, Brazil

Of course I also feel robbed