Cancellation Report from Airbnb

Luke379
Level 1
Wrightsville Beach, NC

Cancellation Report from Airbnb

With the current global situation and the effects it has had on the Airbnb community, it would be extremely helpful to hosts for Airbnb to release a cancellations report. This would enable hosts to file for loss of rents claims and back it up with data directly from Airbnb. I've reached out to Airbnb a few times and they have continually said it's not possible. Most hosts aren't looking for handouts, we just want the basic capability to be able to pull rudimentary reports via your software.

2 Replies 2
Michael-and-Alexie0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Airbnb is refusing to provide the fees of the cancelled reservation stating their policy of not doing it. Once the reservation is cancelled, unless you've saved it somewhere, it will longer exists in your Airbnb account. I am pushing this up to Brian Chesky. So far Airbnb's response is insulting and irresponsible. We must have documentation to have any chance of recovery for our lost incomes. Disaster Emergency Relief Funds must be accompanied with documentation.  Not sure if you saw Brian's video this morning. While they are trying to help and I'm grateful, we need documentation to claim lost income for our taxes, we need documentation for our loan requests, and we need documentation for our insurance claims.

Just wondering if anything has changed with regards to these reports.  Here in Sydney we are in lockdown AGAIN and we need to file loss of earnings reports and it is tedious, time consuming and unprofessional to have to "hack" your way through this process.  Has anyone found a quick fix?