Carona

Carona

Hi. i m wonring i have one guest . In spain now days everyone have to strictley follow the govement instractions. No one can leav home in 2 weeks .He is going eveyday out & come back in evening. i have said to him dont ga out he is not lisning . plese anyone from airbnb can help about this ?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mona104  Airbnb can't help you with this, it's something you need to deal with. Your guest is violating local regulations. If I were in your shoes, I'd tell him that if he doesn't stop ignoring the rules the govt. has put in place, he needs to leave your home immediately. If he kicks up a fuss, gets nasty, or just ignores you, report him to your local health authorities.  Also report him to Airbnb, tell them that he is violating govt. emergency rules and putting you, your home and the community at risk and that you need to cancel the rest of his reservation with no penalties to you and he needs to leave your home immediately.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Mona104  Your guest's behaviour outside your home is not your problem. Surely it's between him & the authorities?  If you are anxious that he will catch the disease & infect you, that's different, I guess you can ask him to cancel the booking so as not to bring Coronavirus to your house..... But to ground him in your house seems pointless.... If he's a tourist, he can't sight see, so it would make sense to go back to his own country or part of Spain if he's Spanish. If he's at yours for work, then he can't go to work, so no point in being at yours...... If he can't return to his own home cos of a travel ban, then you are being forced to provide quarantine which does not seem right either!