Hosts to the slaughterhouse .....

Leonard4
Level 2
Madrid, Spain

Hosts to the slaughterhouse .....

I am a longstanding, manny years HOST (Super-) with Airbnb on 2 of my properties.

Under the current Global crisis of Coronavirus I believe Airbnb should apply a FAIR "Force Majeure" clause.
However currently you have decided to give ONLY the Guest .... my Clients ... the benefit and ALL LOSS is for the Hosts and your Commission. You're forgetting Hosts also suffer!

Under said circumstances it would be FAIR to apply some solidarity with the Host business and split the Losses between parties instead of Penalising one side only!

Suggest you implement an altered clause whereby in case of a cancellation, which does not fall into the chosen standard periods, the Force Majeure loss is SHARED between parties by refunding 50% of paid fees!

Thanks you for being fair and in solidarity with your HOSTS (your business after all!). Best wishes and hope you see through this temporary crisis as I hope we will,
Leonard Loos Bartholdi, Madrid, Spain - Tel: +34 678 738 727

1 Reply 1
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

It would be nice, but I don't think it will happen.  All the best in Madrid,  it's a bit of a mess at the moment. Stay well, stay sane.