Mitigating losses due to Corona Virus

Garrett80
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Mitigating losses due to Corona Virus

Coping with the recent COVID-19 and related policies. 

As hosts & guests alike we are facing the rapidly developing and & uncertain repercussions of COVID-19 (Corona Virus). I wanted to share my personal view and perhaps create a positive conversation regarding a circumstance that is both frustrating to hosts as cancellations occur as well as guests who weigh concerns of personal safety. 

I’ve read much about the unfairness of the platform regarding the leniency of guest cancellations at the expense of hosts. It is frustrating, however, it may be wise to employ empathy on behalf of guests. Many are uncertain and as hosts we are unaware of the circumstances surrounding guests concerns, circumstances, and susceptibilities to illness.

I have had cancellations yet I’ve also attempted to maintain a level of clarity and understanding when messaged by guests.

I have let guests know... as a concerned citizen myself, I share their concern in taking efforts to neither spread nor contract this virus. Additionally, I like advising guests that cleaning standards at this time for my listing are in-line with those provided by the CDC.

This includes enhanced disinfecting and following the CDC advice of the EPA on what products to use and the method to ensure proper eradication measures. (Advising guests bed linens are washed/disinfected separate from all bedding linens, all frequent touched surfaces are treated, in addition to normal hygienic practices)

if anyone has any other tips we can provide to mitigate disruptions to financial loss are welcomed. 

0 Replies 0