Vermont

Jane-And-George0
Level 1
Hyde Park, VT

Vermont

Are hosts complying with Vermont travel restrictions?  I am and so have many cancellations once people learn they may be  required to quarantine. I wonder if they are just finding other lodging with business that are ignoring the rules. 

2 Replies 2
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jane-And-George0 I'm in Maine and we have similar restrictions. But we do have states that are exempt and many of my bookings are coming from them. Regardless, I send everyone the link to the guidelines and ask them to formalize themselves. Everyone so far has signed the Compliance Form but whether they are truly compliant, I don't know. Like the State, I am relying on the honor system. I do feel like there are a lot of hosts around me that are technically not following the "rules."

Cyndy19
Level 2
Williston, VT

I certainly am following the state covid lodging rules!  My listing just went live yesterday, and I had to turn away three possible bookings because they were in red or yellow counties counties and could not do the quarantine before traveling; but I managed to find others who were legal to book.  One thing I discovered is to turn OFF instant booking.  That gave me a chance to check out their county, and educate them a bit about the covid rules.  All three basically said, oops- did not realize we can't do this, and withdrew their request.  My listing says loud and clear up front " Booking is subject to the covid rules of the State of Vermont". I certainly don't want to be the hot spot that knocks Vermont out of first place for lowest covid scores!