2022 Airbnb Statistics: Usage, Demographics, and Revenue Growth

2022 Airbnb Statistics: Usage, Demographics, and Revenue Growth

https://bit.ly/3VvghOu 

6 Replies 6
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Thanks for the link. 

Although it says this is for 2022, once you get past the first section, the rest of the article consists of outdated statistics, mostly from 2016 and before, some from 2020. Airbnb has changed a LOT since then. For instance, the age demographics described are significantly skewed towards 20-40 year-olds, but I think now there are a lot more older guests than there were in 2016. Also, a lot of the most popular cities being ranked have either severely limited or completely banned Airbnbs after 2016. The pandemic also changed a lot of the demographics, behaviors and guest preferences.

Airbnb is a different company now.

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

oooh I love some stats, spoiler: there's no pretty pie charts. and it's often irrelevant for those of us outside the USA. Of course USA/Canada dominates the results, they have the largest customer base. And it seems to still be based on 2019 data. 

trending destinations worldwide for 2020  includes the rather bland suburb of Sunbury, Vic Australia? 😂 ok, that's a glitch. perhaps they mean "Melbourne". and LOLs, Melbourne was the most locked down city in the whole world in 2020/21. 

and this one: 

• Airbnb hosts face a number of risks, particularly guests damaging their property.   😡
  • Airbnb guests face the risk that the property may not live up to expectations.  🤦🏻‍♀️

I wish we could get truly meaningful stats for our own listings. That's on my wishlist for upgrades to the dashboard, proper insights! 

@Gillian166 

I have asked for them before as my husband always ask some better stats, especially in our BO,

I think we should be able to see where them views are coming from, which country would help.

One thing I noticed the most visited city in Thailand was Buriram, I would have thought Bangkok or Phuket, Buriram is a city right in the north east of Thailand there's nothing there only a football club and they have the MOTO GP there once a year, 

I must add All condo's in Bangkok have banned Airbnb for STR, 30 days or more is ok I have many friends with condo's in BKK they can only do LTR now. 

People were buying up blocks of condo's to rent out on airbnb.

@Gillian166 

Booking.com do a better job with stats than airbnb

@Sudsrung0  I wasn't on there long enough to explore, but the forums are filled with people calling them liars and thieves, it makes these forums look like a Disney barbie movie. 

BDC do so many other things that are worse though! I will do my best to avoid ever going back there. 

@Gillian166 

Me too, I dont use it no more and the guest we were getting were proper cheap charlies,