4 stars overall but 5 stars for everything

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

4 stars overall but 5 stars for everything

I just got a review from a last minute booking. Booked then headed over very little communication I should have marked her down for communication because it ended up being a lot of work to get through to her so she could get in, but I didn't because in the end she found the house and was able to get in. 

Anyway apparently she has disabilities and thought the bed (PICTURED in the listing) was too low. Also said we should have filtered water which we do inside the door of the fridge that she apparently missed. Is there anyway to fight this rating? My past experiences with CS were very unpleasant regarding reviews. This is my third 4 overall with all 5's. So unfair. Here's the review: 

"Very Clean, breathtaking views"

Private feedback:
Thank you for allowing us to stay at your cute cabin. The view was breathtaking. The only things I may suggest is a few water bottles ( or filtered water) and a taller bed. I have some physical disabilities which made it difficult to get up/down on the bed because it was so low to the ground.

4 Replies 4
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Jillian115 

As you already experienced it, there is no possibility to fight this rating.

maybe reconsider accepting last minute booking, as in these case it is sometimes difficult to fully understand the guest needs before their arrival

Annie
Christina768
Level 4
St Mabyn, United Kingdom

@Jillian115 We have experienced this on seven occasions (out of 130 guests) and every time the guest has left us a glowing review marked all categories as a a 5* then left overall 4* makes no sense whatsoever. It can be incredibly frustrating to say the least. Especially when you put in so much effort and most of your guests review you at a 5*. Unfortunately Airbnb CS never change these reviews. During the last Host / Airbnb feedback session they said they would amend it but just added a pre cursor to the guest asking them if they were sure they wanted to leave 4* when all categories were marked as 5* not sure if they have or guests simply ignore it. 

I have just had a guest review give me 5* in every category then an overall 4*.. It does not make sense. I have lost my 5* rating had for over 3 years now down to 4.9 which doesn't sound much but we put so much effort into every guest's stay, like personalised welcome note,  fresh flowers, home baking,  and get fab reviews. This really hurts. It silly that one 4* review wrecks over 140 5* ones!

Amy760
Level 1
Alónnisos, Greece

I agree a d I have heard many hosts say this. Guests give 5 in ever section and then 4 overall . It doesn't make sense.. but we can't change what people do. However I have been superhost for about 6 years.. And have 99% 5 stars . But I have some lower star reviews 8 years ago that hold the average down... ! That should be changed.. also one of the reviews belongs to a room that isn't listed anymore...