AİRBNB CLOSED MY ACCOUNT.

Orhan24
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

AİRBNB CLOSED MY ACCOUNT.

Hello,
My account was closed in March without any explanation. Everything was very good, the guests were very satisfied. I was trying my best to make everything better. They said they would always email me, but no one did. I have been unemployed for about three months. I laid off all my staff. I'm not alone in the big building. In this process, I lost more than 8 kilos, my psychology is very bad. I lost all my savings. Help me! Please. I really lost all my money and couldn't pay my last loan. Believe me, I don't think this is healthy for me.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Orhan24 

You posted before about this issues.

Your account is not closed, as you can see for yourself:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/398431782

But  your listings (8) are suspended.

How come there are reviews in April and May, when suspended in March (?)

Hello @Emiel1 , there were reservations made in advance. Incoming reservations prior to account closing. That's why you can see it.

yes it was suspended but it hasn't been opened for months.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear this, but can I ask why you aren't promoting your eight listing on other platforms and investing in your own marketing channels @Orhan24 

It's always a dangerous business practice to rely on just one marketing channel i.e. in your case Airbnb. 

Did you have a guest complain about one of your listings? or did you have a problem with a recent guest? - this can lead to your listings being suspended.

hello @Helen3 ,
This platform is very common in the country I live in, I can't get efficiency from the others.  The only thing I don't know is why they suspended it. They didn't even give me an explanation. Everything was perfect in my account

@Orhan24  The ratings on your listings suggest that "perfect" might not be exactly the right adjective to describe how things were going. It looks like most of your guests have had nice things to say, but clearly some portion of them were disgruntled. Unfortunately, Airbnb loves putting hosts through a Kafkaesque trial by which they're punished for offenses they refuse to name. Even if you get your listings reinstated, you'll probably never learn what you supposedly did wrong, but they'll still tell you to never do it again.

I hope you get back on your feet financially soon, but relying on one capricious web booking platform for your whole income is a terrible strategy. I strongly recommend that you diversify the ways you leverage your skills a bit more, and perhaps sell off your lower-performing properties before they pull you underwater.