Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

A complicated request for booking

Dan11927
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

A complicated request for booking

I have just set up my rental, and on day one I recieved a complicated booking request.... Someone is in the area for work and is not sure whether to book a month or weekly... here is his message to me:

"Hello this is for work and I am Wondering if we can do it on a weekly basis it could be for longer as I do not know when the job is to end Or shorter so obviously I don’t want to pay out the full month in one hit and then only use it for two weeks thank you".

On the website, he has provisionally blocked out the whole month, and the site is now asking me to accept or decline.

Any advice how I should respond?

Thanks.

Dan

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If it is an inquiry just message back and say you are happy for him to book on a week by week basis, but obviously that would be subject to availability, so there would be a risk that other guests could book beyond the first week and he would need to find an alternative. @Dan11927 

The only way to guarantee space is for him to book  and pay for the time he needs.

If it is a request just decline and say the guest is asking for dates different to the ones they want to book.