A one month booking ……

Maryann41
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

A one month booking ……

Was delighted when the 4 day booking turned into a 4 week one. What I wasn’t aware of however, is that the person would be around all the time!!! Now and again pops out for a short while, has his phone on speaker constantly, not keen on showering, uses the oven/cooker twice a day. When I go out I feel that I should leave the heating on for him.  Another 11 days to go. I feel that he’s the owner and I’m the lodger 🙁

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Maryann41 indeed long term guests are more likely to stay in all day and do need the heating on as a result. If you only want short term guests who tend to be out sightseeing then only accept short term guests. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Maryann41  Not sure why you would allow a 4 week booking from someone whose habits you weren't aware of and without conveying anything about your expectations of how much the guest would be around. Vacationers are often out and about, long term guests usually are not, and you have to find out ahead  of time if a  guest's lifestyle jives with yours if  you are going to take long term bookings in a home-share.

Of course you have to leave the heating on when you have a guest in residence. 

You can shorten the booking if you don't want this guy there anymore. That's pretty much your only choice. Or talk to him about a kitchen schedule and whatever is irritating you, but as there was no discussion about hanging around the house all the time, he can't be told he can't.