Adding names before booking confirmation

Adding names before booking confirmation

I do not accept a request to book until the names of all adult guests are  listed on the reservation request. We do this because our home is in a resort area and can accommodate 10. We have had our property damaged when there have been a large number in the house and only one name on the reservation. Some potential guests have trouble adding the names to a request. Does airbnb have a resource that explains adding your travel companions before the booking is confirmed? I can only find help to add names after the booking is confirmed 

10 Replies 10
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Catherine2511 ! I can imagine you're a bit more careful after you've already had a bad experience.

Have you found out yet how to do this? Let us know, other Hosts might have a similar question! 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I am not certain if this is the appropriate information, but I received this link for support.  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2672/

The issue is that these directions tell people to go to their trips, but does the reservation show up in trips before it is confirmed?

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Catherine2511 “Other” guest profiles can only be linked once the booking is confirmed. The majority never do this, and if they do, it’s spotty.  It’s usually pointless info for the host anyway, as profiles are more often than not devoid of any meaningful info.

I have a line in my house rules that directs the booking guest to add the full names of ‘other guests’ in their request message. Of course this never happens because Airbnb hides our extended house rules and it’s a rare guest who finds and reads them. I then have to direct the booking guest to go have a look at the rules and supply the requested info. It’s laborious. 

@Colleen253 

"...

I have a line in my house rules that directs the booking guest to add the full names of ‘other guests’ in their request message.

..."

Could not find it.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

@Ricardo85 It’s rule #2 in my extended house rules.

@Colleen253 

Got it!

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

@Ricardo85 See? Easy to miss, lol. 🤷‍♀️

Actually that is not true.  The profiles are linked immediately.  When my guests invite their travel companions I can see all their reviews before I confirm.  I have declined a potential guest with 0 reviews when the travel companions have poor reviews. 

@Catherine2511 Interesting. I can say I’ve never had a request come in with other guest profiles already linked and visible. There are no fields on the Request to book page that allows one to input other names, only guest numbers.

I have it in my rules but also in my listing description I state that all non-family groups must add all adults to the reservation.  When I give a review than everyone attached to the reservation gets the review.