Agreed on a partial refund with a new host, now host is saying he can't do it through the resolution center and is asking for my IBAN

Answered!
Lina4176
Level 2
Fidenza, Italy

Agreed on a partial refund with a new host, now host is saying he can't do it through the resolution center and is asking for my IBAN

I was the first guest for a new host who wasn't fully prepared to be hosting yet (including having no hot water in the shower). I talked to him about it, and requested a refund of 25% of the total price I paid, which he agreed to. But when I asked him to submit the refund through Airbnb he said he couldn't find where to do it, so I submitted a request. Now he has told me that Airbnb is not accepting any of his credit cards and is asking me to withdraw my request so I can pay by bank transfer.

He's a new host and really young and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I also have a fear that he may be trying to get me to cancel my request to keep this off Airbnb. I would love to hear from some hosts about what I should do. I don't want to give him a bad review, but I am pretty annoyed that I paid full price for an apartment that clearly wasn't ready to be rented yet. 

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lina4176 

It is not allowed to make payments regarding a reservation outside the Airbnb platform. The host is violating Airbnb rules !

The reason "no creditcards accepted" is not valid, money sent or requested via resolution centre will be deducted or added to next payout.

The host should use this procedure:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/165/refund-your-guest

But as you already sent a request for money, the host should finish it, otherwise contact Airbnb.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lina4176 

It is not allowed to make payments regarding a reservation outside the Airbnb platform. The host is violating Airbnb rules !

The reason "no creditcards accepted" is not valid, money sent or requested via resolution centre will be deducted or added to next payout.

The host should use this procedure:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/165/refund-your-guest

But as you already sent a request for money, the host should finish it, otherwise contact Airbnb.