AirBnB Support

Stewart-and-Denise0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

AirBnB Support

Why does AirBnB Support not allow a) Continuity, b) similar time-zone and c) similar home language support?

As an experienced Super-Host of many years my queries are not usually simplistic, nor unimportant to Host and Guest.

Once I get past the BOTS I get folk who call themselves AirBnB Support ambassadors - who are they and how is AirBnB Support structured?

What is the escalation procedure and mechanism and how do I get to someone who actually works for AirBnB?

My experience is no continuity for any query running longer than 30minutes or requiring follow-up.

I have to re-explain my query to each new "ambassador" who chooses to pick up on the query. When I do get someone who understands and offers to investigate and come back to me, they get replaced by someone who fails to read the query string and I go back to square one!

I get woken during deep sleep 1am – 3am by folk whose English pronunciation is so poor I struggle to understand the conversation. Needless to say such a call achieves nothing. Certain cultures are expert at voicing meaningless apologies while refusing to assist, which gets the blood boiling and loses me sleep.

I don't need to be lectured on Policy, Rules and read all the platitudes of "standard text" inserts.

How does an experienced Host get real support for real issues?

Not from a BOT or a fellow Host I find - anyone agree?

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Stewart-and-Denise0 

Sorry to hear you have had difficult experience with customer services .

personally as a host of five years I haven't had the need to contact them that often. When I have I have found them polite and helpful. Certainly their levels of English have been good. I appreciate it's not the same for all. 

if hosts want call centre staff who have English as a first language we would be paying a lot more in fees.

I have my phone on silent during the night so don't get woken up by early morning calls. 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Stewart-and-Denise0  I hope you’re both well.

Unfortunately your experience isn’t uncommon, if you have a quick search here on the community centre you’ll find posts from hosts who struggle with their customer service interactions.

You could try contacting Airbnb via their Twitter account- businesses seem to like to resolve issues that are very publicly visible more speedily than when you go the traditional route of calling customer services.

Otherwise, you could ask one of the lovely community managers here on the cc if they can do anything to put your issue forward to Airbnb directly: @Stephanie might be able to help you with that.

Hope that you manage to have some success.

Paul 🙂