Airbnb Cancelled reservation during the stay but guests didn’t leave my property

Vitor181
Level 3
Orlando, FL

Airbnb Cancelled reservation during the stay but guests didn’t leave my property

Hi, I have been a Superhost since 2018, I currently manage more than 20 properties in Orlando, FL, but it was the first time that it happened something like this.

A guest booked one of my 5 bedroom properties, I sent her the check-in info, we exchanged a few messages in the Airbnb app and everything was fine. Until her reservation appeared as "Canceled by Airbnb". Suddenly, all her messages were "hidden by Airbnb", but Airbnb didn't contact me, notifying me why that happened.

Now, what I found the most absurd is that I called Airbnb, and they said an especially would get back to me soon (which has been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting), and the guests only left after two days that the reservation was canceled (which was her original check-out date). I received $0 for her stay, had to pay for the cleaning out of my own pocket, and still, after trying to contact Airbnb Support by phone and through the app, they haven't responded to me regarding that matter. 

Has anything like that happened to you guys? How should I proceed with this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Vitor Deobber
15 Replies 15
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Maia29 Hey Maia long time no see . I hope you are keeping well H