Airbnb IPO Launch Date and Expected Share Price

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

Airbnb IPO Launch Date and Expected Share Price

Launch date appears set for December 10.  Expected share price $44-50.  The company has also submitted an amended S-1 filing to the SEC yesterday which you can see here (and nope, I'm not trawling through all 350 pages of it to play "spot the difference" 😀, will leave that to the finance journos and market analysts)

S-1/A (sec.gov)

Airbnb Launch Date.JPG

@Melodie-And-John0  @Christine615  @Helen350  @Sally221  @Sarah977  @Ute42 @Zohreh1 @Emiel1 

127 Replies 127
Emily-And-Virginia0
Level 4
Mountain View, AR

I'm queued up with the option to participate on Dec 9.   Read some fantastic posts here.  Following along.

Sharon1014
Level 10

Expected share price goes up  - just a few weeks ago price was around $34 after the 2:1 stock split, now almost double

ABNB price change.JPG

Airbnb Said to Boost IPO Price Range, Aims for $42 Billion Value - Bloomberg

filing range has already been adjusted up on my MS account.  (I was able to adjust my 'indicated interest', but do not expect to be allocated that)

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

The application period (on the Morgan Stanley website) is now officially closed.  The expected date of offering is 12/09/20 after 6pm ET.   There will be an email with more instructions for confirming the allocation, if one has a completed application. 

Sharon1014
Level 10

Just an update on how the shares will be priced and how they will be allocated

"Say the Airbnb IPO price is set at $60 and there are bidders for 113 million shares at or above that price (twice the deal size), then the company in consultation with the underwriters led by Morgan Stanley will decide which of those investors get allocated stock.

The benefit to Airbnb is that it gets to control which investors get stock with companies historically favoring those investors who they believe will be supportive long-term holders rather than those who will flip deals for a quick profit. Some investors who bid above the clearing price may get a full allocation and others could get shut out completely."

Airbnb and DoorDash IPOs Will Use a ‘Hybrid Auction.’ What That Means—and Why It Matters. | Barron's

Are you going to jump in the fray Thursday Sharon?  (you've been incredibly helpful and on point here)  I'm going for it with the DSP, undetermined yet about the regular retail market on Thursday.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Important reminder received on email :

"Please be advised that Airbnb (the "Company") offering is scheduled to price later today, December 09, 2020 any time after 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Once the offering has been priced and the registration statement is declared effective by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, you will receive an email from Morgan Stanley containing pricing information and confirmation instructions. Only at that point will the Morgan Stanley Directed Share Program Website be enabled to accept orders.

If you wish to purchase shares, you must log on to the Morgan Stanley Directed Share Program website and complete the confirmation process by December 09, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Please note: regardless of when the offering actually prices and you receive the Morgan Stanley pricing email, you must confirm your order by this deadline, without exception.

Summary of Online Confirmation Process:
Step 1: Review the pricing email from Morgan Stanley
Step 2: Log on to the Morgan Stanley Directed Share Program Website
Step 3: Enter the number of shares you wish to purchase

Failure to confirm by the aforementioned deadline will preclude you from participating in the Program and your indication of interest will be cancelled. Should you decide not to purchase shares in the Program, do not complete the confirmation process. Upon conclusion of the confirmation period, your indication of interest will be treated as cancelled.

Please note that full payment of the shares that you purchase through the Program must be received by settlement date, which is three (3) business days after the pricing date. The anticipated settlement date is December 14, 2020. "

Let us know the new numbers please. I dont see them yet

Nevermind, i see it now. $68/share. What time does Nasdaq start trading in the morning? 

do you see this in MS account?  Did you get invite to confirm shares?

@Manuel3698 

it's 7:30 EST.  Have not yet received letter of pricing/  allocation.  (am confirmed with MS account, funding transfer)

@Emily-And-Virginia0  I haven't seen anything yet. 6.43pm CT.

thanks.  I'm in CT also.   refreshing (and drinking)  cheers

I see pricing on my trading platform. I did not make the MS special account so im buying through my other platform. First trading day is tomorrow.

I didn't get an email tonight despite getting the email this morning saying that one would come after 6pm EST. The original pricing was $44-50 - now the news is saying it sold at $68. Why would they do that to hosts on non-voting shares?  Still waiting to see if the email comes through. According to MS when I talked to them this morning, everything looked set up correctly. But the Direct Share portal still says to expect an email and shows the old prices. Sigh. This is not good. Omen?  Buy stock on the dead cat bounce through my regular broker? Is God trying to tell me something?