Airbnb Really is getting lazy in its app

Bryan432
Level 2
Chester, GB

Airbnb Really is getting lazy in its app

So i wanted to change the lock box code on my house for self check in.   After 10 minutes flying around the app, I couldn't find the setting.  I called Airbnb and the solution was to open a web browser on the phone and do it.  However, when logging in on the browser, when attempting to edit the property, it bounces it back to the app.  So airbnb said to delete the app to perform this update and re-install it afterward.  This in my view is Airbnb being lazy in not adding this function onto the app, as I guess some hosts will want to update their lock box codes from time to time. 

2nd issue is the lack of ability to send the check in instructions through the little key symbol in messaging.  This dissapeared for me months ago (at the same time Airbnb realised that they were breaking GDPR rules on the icalc links and made changes to it.  I've been on at Airbnb for months, but they still said it will come back some time!!

Finally, here's one that bugs me...... When you call airbnb, they send a text and message in the airbnb app to confirm its you calling them.  The text is fine as you have to click the link to confirm.  However, the app notification....when you tap it, you just confirmed its you on the phone!! - what if your sat at home one evening, chilling out, and PING, airbnb app sends you that message in notifications, you pick up your phone and tap the notification to read it - Doh - you just confirmed it was you on the phone, when it wasn't!! - this is poor and needs to have a 2nd level of confirmation box following clicking the link.  

Come on airbnb - you make so much out of hosts that do the hard work, now do some hard work yourselves and get the app updated to a level that should be all about great hosting and service! - your letting hosts down!

0 Replies 0