Airbnb funding black live matter

Christopher995
Level 6
La Altagracia Province, Dominican Republic

Airbnb funding black live matter

Last night on Fox news Tucker Carlson's show he disclosed that Airbnb is funding black lives matter. This is disgusting. Black lives matter is an organization that openly espouses violence against police officers. They chant, "what do we want? Dead cops. When do we want it? NOW."  "Pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon."  These are not peaceful protesters. They commit acts of violence against police officers. These are the people currently rioting and burning down our cities.  They are currently trying to defund police departments around the nation, and have been successful in Los Angeles, with New York to follow. This is just what we need, are major cities without adequate funding for police departments.  Then I think about my situation.  I lost over $10,000 in reservations. I was fully qualified under the grant program but was never asked to participate. I received a whole $50 in cancellation fees.  I have no way to pay the rent, electricity, condo association dues. $50 doesn't go far. I also support my cleaning girl and her family here in the DR, although I am under no obligation obviously to do so. I hope that Airbnb will reconsider its donation to this and anarchist organization, and consider supporting their hosts instead.

11 Replies 11
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you search the internet, @Christopher995, you'll undoubtedly find rogues within every organisation's followers (take a look at the church), but that doesn't make the organisation itself rotten.

And the chants you refer to were - I believe - used in 2014, yet the YouTube clips are pulled out once in a while to stoke the fire.

Many of us have paid heavily during this pandemic, some with more than just money. 

Christopher995
Level 6

Maybe the police officers under arrest were just rogues..  That doesn't justify anti-police hated.  Police officers have already been killed, shot at, and run over.  blm is not peaceful protesters.  They are thugs

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Christopher995  stop watching FAUX SPEWS.  Bad for your mental health.

Christopher995
Level 6

Don't need to Fox News to see what I see.  It's sad you support people that riot and burn and injure police officers.  A dozen at least have been killed, shot, and run over by cars.  For incidents they had nothing to do with, and blm incites

@Christopher995   Please don't assume what I do or don't.  You do not know me. 

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Christopher995  I suggest you remove your listing from Airbnb immediately. Please. Don't. Wait.

Christopher995
Level 6

Sorry,, I support our police and I dont like to see businesses burned and looted that people had worked their entire life to build.  No you remove your listing immediately and post it on a blm bulliten board

Christopher995
Level 6

And by the way.. Who made you the morality police that gets to say I cant have an Airbnb listing because I support the police?   Who do you think you are?

@Christopher995  Well, if you remain on Airbnb, then technically you are giving money to BLM. That's why I suggested removing your listing if you don't support it. But thanks for your donation!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

As many of you are aware we do have a couple of other discussions in the CC on this very conversation and so I think it is best to close this duplicate topic here to new replies. 

As we all know this is a very sensitive discussion area. There are many different talking points and opinions, but it's important that we all remember that whilst posting in the CC, we are a global community and when deciding to get involved it is important that we are mindful of how our points may come across to others.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.