Airbnb is now taking decisions without contacting hosts

Angèle24
Level 1
Paris, France

Airbnb is now taking decisions without contacting hosts

I had an issue with a guest who made a false accusation about mold in my apartment to get compensation. As we did an inspection report on the flat, the first case manager reviewed the documentation, checked that they weren't any mold, and solved the issue in our favor.

One month later, I got a message from a new Airbnb person who just reverted the 1st decision without even contacting us and charged my account. What can I do? Airbnb is not listening to hosts anymore.  How can I get help on this?

I contacted the support and they sent messages to the new case manager however I didn't get any reply from Airbnb.

The case manager sent me a message about his decision and is not responding anymore. 

Thanks,

Akambi

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Call them back and insist they review . Contact them on their social media too. 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Angèle24 ,

Yes !

it seems that very frequently CS makes a decision without talking with both parties, and without notifying the host.

We've similar exprerience like your case recently.

Once, the CM has make his decision, that is no more responding and refuse for futher discussion and inversitigration.

As @Helen3 suggestion, do consideration try calling back to appeal to a new rep, contacting Airbnb on Twitter or Facebook.

Yet, we just dropped the case. Learn the lesson and  moving on.