Airbnb non-existant support

David9223
Level 1
Penrith, United Kingdom

Airbnb non-existant support

A recent guest booked for 16 nights for four adults. It soon became clear that the house didn't suit the family (2 adults and 2 children checked in!) as the father was trying to work from home whilst the children were also there. It's a small house. She complained about parking even though I gave her a permit for her entire stay and one day I counted 62 spaces! She claimed the internet wasn't good enough even after confirming a speed of over 50mbps. She said the TVs didn't work even though they did with hundreds of channels on Freeview. She requested to leave half way through her holiday. My cancelation policy was firm and after phoning Airbnb for advise I decided to stick to my policy as I was told that if she left a bad review as a result of me refusing the alteration they would delete it. I had this confirmed again with another agent. As I suspected she proceeded to hunt out as many issues as possible in order to get a refund. I provided solutions for all issues at every stage. I was prepared to offer some money back and offered to shorten the stay with a week to get another booking. She declined. To cut a long story story short(ish!) Airbnb accepted an alteration on my behalf to leave earlier than than the guest had even requested! I have since had at least half a dozen staff say that an error was made as all the issues were low severity. One ambassador got me a small amount back but didn't have authority for more. 35 calls and 3 weeks later I'm still chasing Airbnb! Insult to injury is the guest had left a terrible and in my eyes vindictive review which Airbnb are refusing to remove even though she broke the review policy by threatening me. I'm in disbelief at how I've been treated. Please if anyone has any advise for me I'd love to hear it. Has anyone experienced similar? I'm a logical guy and non of this makes sense to me but it's cost me a lot of money. I should add that I'm a Superhost and this 2 star review stands out like a sore thumb! Thank you in advance!

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@David9223 the 2 star rating does not stand out when a potential guest is looking as it is invisible to them. You are 4.85 overall and have many glowing reviews so, as Airbnb will not remove the review, I advise moving on.

Your reply to the review could, possibly, have been better. When leaving these responses you must always 'address' them to future guests not the guest leaving the review.