Airbnb roadshows in UK - a secret?

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb roadshows in UK - a secret?

So Airbnb are apparantly running some roadshows in the UK in order to consult with "policymakers, communities and local hosts" over a potential registration system.  Thing is, there are no dates anywhere that I can fond, and one show has already taken place.  So exactly which hosts are Airbnb planning to consult with, given that they are not actually publicising these roadshows in a way that allows hosts to attend?  It just looks like a fake consultation that will allow them to say that they consulted with hosts when in reality they haven't!   https://news.airbnb.com/en-uk/airbnb-kicks-off-host-registration-roadshow-in-uk-cities/?fbclid=IwAR1...

6 Replies 6
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Kathie21 Yikes! Should we be worried?? - Last year, or was it the year before, some person unknown, presumed my hostile neighbour complained to the Council about me running 'an illegal B&B.' Some unofficial, casually dressed chap ambled over to mine, & said "Well, it's only Airbnb, so who cares? Just like having lodgers really!" Hurrah for the couldn't care less, don't trouble us, famously lackadaisical  attitude of Copeland Council!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kathie21 and @Helen350 ,

Nothing to worry about and some of the dates and locations were still a bit up in the air when the news came out. We're looking at Bristol, Plymouth, Cardiff, Bath, Liverpool, Birmingham, Glasgow and the Isle of Skye, currently. It's a chance for hosts to meet each other as well as the UK team, bring along any questions and, generally, have a good old natter. 

A bit far out for you @Helen350 though it would be wonderful to meet your in person. Perhaps we will see you at the Plymouth meet @Kathie21  (once we get the details sorted.)

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Stephanie 

Would love to find out more about the Bristol event do you have dates?/

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Helen3 ,

As it stands its on the 10th of March. I've just chased up the team sorting these events out so as soon as I have the confirmed details I'll make a topic and tag you all in. 

Thanks

-----

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks @Stephanie  for future reference can they give us earlier warning, many of us work in addition to running an Airbnb so need notice so we can get dates in our diary. Is it an evening event @Stephanie 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Of course I'm happy to give details as and when I have them. The chap who is organising this has just come back from holidays this morning so he's been getting the hassle from me since bright and early. It's not technically a community event but I am pushing to come along too - this is why I wanted to the correct details before I posted/DM'd our lovely Brit hosts. As soon as I know, you'll know @Helen3 .

They tend to be in the evening but I can't confirm for sure just yet. 

Thanks

-----