๐Ÿคฏ Airbnbโ€™s Host Damage Protection: 18 Days of Waiting for a Dismissalโ€”Hosts, Beware! โ€ผ๏ธ

Roman547
Level 2
Drammen, Norway

๐Ÿคฏ Airbnbโ€™s Host Damage Protection: 18 Days of Waiting for a Dismissalโ€”Hosts, Beware! โ€ผ๏ธ

Iโ€™ve been a dedicated Airbnb host for quite some time, but Iโ€™ve recently experienced an eye-opening situation that has left me questioning the platformโ€™s commitment to its hosts. After a guest left my property in a completely unacceptable stateโ€”greasy floors, severe messโ€”I followed the proper steps and submitted a claim under Airbnbโ€™s Host Damage Protection. I provided all the required evidence, including photos, within the necessary time frame.

But hereโ€™s the kicker: after 18 days of waiting, I was informed that โ€œthis kind of cleaning wasnโ€™t required.โ€ Are you serious, Airbnb? How can a greasy, neglected property be considered standard? The Host Damage Protection Terms clearly state that unexpected cleaning expenses are covered when supported by evidence, which I provided in detail.

This situation is unacceptable. If Airbnb cannot follow its own terms and protect hosts from obvious damages, what does that say about their commitment to those who trust their platform?

To all my fellow hostsโ€”if this isnโ€™t resolved, Iโ€™ll be taking this issue to social media and beyond. I refuse to sit back while legitimate claims are dismissed after weeks of waiting. Hosts, we deserve better.

Has anyone else faced this kind of roadblock with their damage claims? Letโ€™s not allow this to go unnoticed.

Airbnb, itโ€™s time to start standing by your hosts!!

0 Replies 0