Airbnb's tech failure

Cristin2477
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

Airbnb's tech failure

Since September 2021 Aibnb has been changing my calendar (opening dates and blocking weekdays), changing my pricing below my minimum and they call it a "technical glitch with unknown time of resolution". They have also changed my listings algorithm and no instead of being booked I have zero bookings.  Since the people you talk to when calling airbnb are unable to help all they can do is send a message ...with no resolve!  This is a tech company it is beyond me how they are unwilling or able to fix this problem.  I have build a new listing in hopes that it might help the issues that Aibnb have created.  Airbnb will not help transfer my 5 star reviews to the new listing and all will be lost.  Does anyone actually run Airbnb anymore or is just people working from home with a bunch of emails?  What should I do?  What would you do?  I am also looking to list my places is other platforms because of this.  We as hosts are promised all the support from airbnb until we actually have an issue.  Then we very quickly find there is absolutely NO support.  

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cristin2477

Your reviews are not lost, they remain all on  your profile and hompage. If you reactivate the "old" listing in future, the reviews will be on it again.

Airbnb can not "change a listings algorithm", there is no such thing as a "listing algorithm".

Calender and/or pricing issues sometimes happen as result of a technical failure, but in many cases it appears also settings are not correct..

Support of Airbnb CS is often disappointing, as you experienced and as can be read in multiple cases in this community. We have to live wth that.

Other platforms have issues too.

Did this ever get resolved for you? 
the calendar in my listing is completely messed it, users see the dates as unavailable when in fact my calendar shows no bookings for those dates, it is affecting July, Aug and Sept  of this year, I have been calling them and messaging them for 2 weeks with no results, they are just telling me exactly what you are describing they were telling you. Beyond disappointing that they are not able to fix such an important matter for me

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Samara-and-Drew0 

Are you also using the mulicalender ?

(professional tools needed)

No sure what that is. We only list it in Airbnb (thu that will change soon is they don't fix it!!)

so the one and only is their calendar  (if that is what you mean)