Airbnb stole $1000 and Apt has No Wifi.

Melissa1233
Level 1
New York, NY

Airbnb stole $1000 and Apt has No Wifi.

https://www.tech4trek.com/airbnb-madecomfy-australia-pricing-scam-steal-1000

The entire saga and all the screenshots and proof are in the above article. Airbnb and MadeComfy Australia are the culprits

The Melbourne apartment I booked was clearly listed @ $2182 (USD). The checkout screen said $2182, however, when I clicked the Pay button, the next screen said "Thank you for your payment of $3,158.17." On December 29th, I immediately emailed AirBnb with the following screenshots, emailed MadeComfy with the mistake and also called AirBnb. I asked them to either honor the price I was quoted or cancel the reservation in full so I could find a place within my price range. Both companies refuse to do anything.

Now I'm 8 days in to this 1 month NIGHTMARE and no one is helping at all. Both Airbnb and MadeComfy just want to keep their stolen money while I have to stay in this apartment that was a complete lie on their site. I've lost work and an additional $1000 by losing a job and getting a bad review on a site I use to get business, all because the Wifi doesn't work in this apartment. 

Has anyone ever gotten their money back from Airbnb? Or gotten themselves out of one of their scams/stealing/lying/cheating?  

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Melissa1233
Level 1
New York, NY

Apparently no one can help. And now AirBnb has stolen $2000 - they finally said they'd let me out of the reservation and told me they'd refund the money for the remainder, but they refuse to process the transaction because I'm fighting the initial $1000 they stole. So now, they've stolen $2K. I will be updating my article and publicizing it even MORE than before. What scam artists these people are - they just lie, cheat and steal constantly.