Airbnb survey feedback

Answered!
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Airbnb survey feedback

Today (along with no doubt a lot of others) I was invited to take part an Airbnb survey, so, having a few minutes to spare I did it

At the end of my survey I was asked for my comments in my own words regarding my Airbnb hosting.

I thought I would share my comments with the community.....

Survey feedback..png

I have said my piece....I hope someone will take notice of it!

Cheers.....Rob

1 Best Answer
Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

@Robin4 

Well said! Thank you for sharing this. This is a huge concern for me as well. So many horrible stories these days. I really feel like if anything happened Airbnb would not support me and yet they will allow anyone to book and bypass the rules and don't support us what things go wrong. 

View Best Answer in original post

85 Replies 85
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Sarah977 funny thing is, she's right. On some level all the negative reality TV probably isn't good for mental health or perspective. It just takes someone with fresh eyes, like your daughter, to see it and point it out. That's why I like listening to kids. They often see right past the things adults have become used to accepting, and call it out. I've had the most philosophical thoughts off the back of questions from neices and nephews, with their innocent prodding...

Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Robin4 You gave a most excellent response to the survey question! I do hope someone takes note of it.

I have not received a survey. Perhaps the surveys are being distributed by region? If I ever do receive a survey, I will be sure to fill out something similar. 

Oh, I can see the month and year that people joined on their profiles. Wondering if Airbnb is testing out people's responses to turning off the months showing in certain areas, before they spring it on everyone else? 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rebecca160

Yes for three days we all had a streamlined profile page with almost all the useful profile information removed.....Almost as though we had all been thrust into the 'Plus' category!

But low and behold, today we are all back to normal again. Just another of those little testings that didn't warrant a mention......"Users please don't be concerned, over the next few days we will be running profile format testing to better improve user appeal . Thank you for your patience"!  Would something like that have broken the bank?

Every day Bec, they seem to disappoint me these days!

Cheers......Rob

Belinda146
Level 2
Prattville, AL

I have had some good experiences with Airbnb but I am very unhappy with the change in the process. I live in the home that I host. My photo and home is available for the prospective guest to see but I can not see who the prospective guest is or what the look like. I live in my home and I need to feel safe in my own home. I am rethinking using the company. I think it is more about money than safety. 

Francesca-and-Dave0
Level 10
Vermont, United States

You are certainly not alone in this. I submitted the following feedback to ABB:

Hi,

This is to inform you we are extremely concerned and frustrated by the detrimental changes you have made that are destroying the ABB experience and undermining the trust between hosts, guests and ABB. There are numerous serious issues, including lack of follow through on promised protections for both hosts and guests in the event of problems, seemingly false reviews and refusal to allow hosts the option of ensuring guests are a good fit with their spaccommodations. Therefore, we will NOT be doing any further rentals to new guests through ABB until you address and rectify the following issues:

1) Guest profiles with ratings, country of origin, pictures and proof of verified government IDs must be accessible to hosts BEFORE booking.

2) Hosts must have the option of declaring guest requirements EVEN WHEN NOT USING INSTANT BOOK.

For many years we have thoroughly enjoyed our ABB experiences as both hosts and guests and chose to participate in ABB even though we had been managing successfully on our own with a “home stay” BnB in our home for over a decade before the advent of ABB. Our ability to connect honestly with like-minded guests through the ABB portal helped us align with guests who would be comfortable with, and appropriate for, our rural Vermont homestead — thereby ensuring a positive and successful experience for both host and guest.

Unfortunately, ABB has continued to frustrate and destroy those critical contacts, the trust and communications with the result that the ABB experiences have declined sharply — and continue to do so — for both hosts and guests and we will no longer be part of it, except for accepting return guests or friends of previous guests.

I assume you are aware if the huge discontent and grave concerns your clientele has about your continued efforts to commercialize and monetize a model that was highly successful...until you began to change it. You have a choice now of repairing this breach and retaining your clientele or of continuing down the path to become yet another of the ubiquitous, mindless commercial operations that the internet and global economy delights in enabling these days, but we won’t be a part of it...and from reading the Community pages, talking with friends and neighbors who use ABB and reading news various international reports, we won’t be the only ones.

Thank you.

@Francesca-and-Dave0 Very nicely put!

@Francesca-and-Dave0 exactly what I wanted to say! I'm very glad to hear this! 

@Francesca0 & Dave Great letter? Have you received a response from Airbnb?

Maureen268
Level 2
Augusta, GA

@Robin4 I was just looking for help with this very subject which is how I found your post. I did not get the survey but I've been sitting here for hours trying to decide if I should call Air bnb about it. I'm new to this and I'm already thinking about doing it with another company because of the way they're doing it. I've had to ask a couple people already about uploading clear pics and extra questions for safety reasons. I was recently told by a guest that Air bnb will back them and not me. That was very scary for me and I don't scare easily. I'm waiting to see if the guest was right because so far I don't like the way it's being handled. It's good to know that I'm not alone on this issue. Thanks 

I agree. I've had a person stay in my home useing another persons idenity. (safety issue) Also a guest who booked for one person, then brought in his girlfriend unnanounced. We only learned about her when she walked down the hall to the bathroom.

I would have been more than happy to fill in the survey...but the question asking ''what % of your total annual household income (before tax)do you earn through airbnb'' is none of their business!
How dare they ask this

Michelle 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michelle--Eamonn0  I didn't answer that question- I felt the same as you. I think there wasa place to write a comment, if I recall, and I said exactly that- none of your business.

Mary1495
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Today I just said goodbye to two college students who stayed here for two weeks. Previously, I had two other sets of college students stay here in July. I cannot begin to tell you what a mess these kids made. I went into the bathroom today and it looks like someone dyed their hair blue in my white sink. Unless Air bnb finds a way that we can screen people under 25, just like car rental companies do, I may have to give up hosting.I’m really ticked off and Air bnb needs to start treating their super house better than this.

Mary1495
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Meant to say “super host”

@Mary1495  I don't quite understand- all the reviews you've left for guests in July say they were great guests who left the place clean and you recommend them. Were these guests who left a big mess? if so, why would you leave reviews like that? It doesn't help any other hosts if you lead them to think the guests were great when they were't, it just misleads everyone, so they end up getting the same disrespectful behavior that you experienced.

I have had several young guests and they totally cleaned up after themselves. I'm not sure what you would expect Airbnb to do about this- it's up to the host to make expectations clear re cleaning up. A specific list of what needs to be done before check-out, ad a reminder message the day prior to check-out.