All reviews should be transparent to everyone eg. a host reading a past guest review on another host

Abdel14
Level 1
Toronto, CA

All reviews should be transparent to everyone eg. a host reading a past guest review on another host

I was expecting all reviews should be transparent to everyone including a host who is accepting a reservation from a guest who makes a comment on another host space. Take for example a guest who left a review that their previous host space was noisy ..I as a future host reading this past guest review on another host space can then advise the guest before accepting the reservation inform the potential guest that host space is located in a building that may also be noisy so at least his future guest knows in advance.

4 Replies 4
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Abdel14 

Airbnb does not want you to look that deep into a reservation; they just want you to accept it.

But you can download the AirReivew extension for Google Chrome.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/airreview/plkdnpjpnhhnmigmekaocdfokkmebdnm

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Abdel14  As Emilia said, the Air Review extension will show you all the reviews and responses. But even if you didn't have that, you can still read the reviews a guest has left for previous hosts- just click on the host's profile photo who left the guest review, which will take you to the host's profile. Then scroll down that host's reviews to see if there was one left for them by that guest.

@Sarah977  @Emilia42   The AirReview extension can be a time-saver when it comes to finding a guest's review of a listing with lots of reviews. But if you take a closer look at the app's permissions, you'll see that you're actually giving it access to a lot of personal data that has nothing to do with Airbnb.  Its hand shows in some very sloppy code that causes other apps with text input to malfunction.

So while it's a fine idea in theory, it's a terrible product that I don't recommend.

@Anonymous Hmm, something to think about, thanks!