Approximately how much more are hosts charging to add a Grooms Man's dinner during guests stay?

Answered!
Wade61
Level 2
Maiden Rock, WI

Approximately how much more are hosts charging to add a Grooms Man's dinner during guests stay?

The parents of a wedding rented my place out but, now would like to know if they can have 20 people over for the grooms man's dinner.  I'd need to rent tables, chairs and maybe more.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Wade

1 Best Answer
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I would suggest a flat fee for the extra people of whatever facility fee at nearby venues in your area would charge. Maybe $300? They should however source all their own rentals or you should charge them more for your time, whatever you think your time is worth. You should also explore what your liability would be in this case and if your insurance company would cover you should anything happen. Also, this is different from you have 20 friends over. You are now putting other people in your space and charging for it. Does your fire and zoning code allow for it? A lot to think about. You should either walk away from this or explore once and for all and offer as an odd service if you can. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Wade61 do you normally host 20+ people groups to your house? Do you want to?

I do and usually add $10-20/head to do so. BUT my house is well-suited for it and we have experience with parties. If that's not your wheelhouse, I'd direct them on down the line to the next place.

Groups: wear & tear, rubbish, extra parking, noise.....

This feedback was very helpful Kelly!  Thank you for sharing!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I would suggest a flat fee for the extra people of whatever facility fee at nearby venues in your area would charge. Maybe $300? They should however source all their own rentals or you should charge them more for your time, whatever you think your time is worth. You should also explore what your liability would be in this case and if your insurance company would cover you should anything happen. Also, this is different from you have 20 friends over. You are now putting other people in your space and charging for it. Does your fire and zoning code allow for it? A lot to think about. You should either walk away from this or explore once and for all and offer as an odd service if you can. 

Wade61
Level 2
Maiden Rock, WI

Great feedback Inna!  I've now got a better grasp of what to consider before accepting a guests request.  Thank you!